5k Your Way, Move Against Cancer is a a community-based initiative to encourage those living with and beyond cancer, families, friends and those working in cancer services to walk, jog, run, cheer or volunteer at a local 5k Your Way parkrun event on the last Saturday of every month.
Join our growing Facebook community to find out more and meet others who regularly engage in 5k Your Way, Move Against Cancer parkrun's around the country.
• A support group with a difference.
• A run and walking club with a difference.
• A social opportunity with a difference.
• A coffee morning with a difference.
• Founded by Lucy Gossage, Gemma Hillier-Moses and MOVE Charity.
· It reduces cancer related fatigue.
· Helps to preserve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness.
· May reduce treatment side effects.
· Improves psychological well-being.
· May reduce the risk of cancer recurrence and prolong survival.
· But most importantly it's social and fun.
· To provide a monthly support network for those living with and beyond cancer by encouraging participation at a local parkrun the last Saturday of every month.
· To build friendships.
· To encourage participation in physical activity.
· To improve confidence and self-esteem.
· To promote skill development, especially through our ambassador roles and volunteering.
· To encourage participation in local parkrun's, and other physical activity opportunities, independently of 5k Your Way.
· To reduce social isolation and connect with already existing community groups.
· To encourage health care professionals to signpost patients and carers to parkrun as a way of improving health and well-being.
· To encourage increased participation in physical activity by health care professionals involved in cancer care.